Many people don’t give due importance to Vastu in modern world but scholars believe that every arrangement in a household has a solid reasoning behind it. You just can’t place things here and there and expect to lead an abundant life. Kitchen is the place where all the energies are generated. It is the place of fire and food; the two most vital aspects of nature and life. So, when it comes to Vastu of your kitchen, careful arrangement is necessary. Here are some tips you can use to arrange your kitchen and avoid unnecessary hassle in your life:
- The ideal location for kitchen is South-east corner of the house. If South-east corner is not available, North-west should be the second choice. Northeast, mid-north, mid-west, southwest, mid-south, and the center of the house are strictly prohibited for the location of kitchen.
- The direction for cooking should face east as the person directly faces the sun in the morning.
- Stove in the kitchen should never be visible from outside. It is believed that cooking on a stove visible from outside can lead to digestion problems.
- Since fire and water are considered to be enemies of each-other, sink should be placed at a considerable distance from the stove.
- Cooking gas and cooking stove should be placed in South-east corner of the kitchen. South-east direction is considered to be the direction of peace. Therefore, placing cooking appliances in South-east direction avoids accidental hazards.
- Kitchen window should be in the East direction to let the morning sunlight in.
- Refrigerator can be placed in the North-east or South-west.
- It is considered best to place water filter or any other water storing facility in the North-east corner.
- The entry of the kitchen should be in the North or the East or the North-east corner. Also, the door should open in clock-wise direction.
- Light utensils should be kept in the East or the North direction.
- Color scheme plays a major role in the Vastu Shastra for Kitchen. Floor and walls of the kitchen may be yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red. Black color is strictly prohibited for a kitchen.
- Bathrooms and toilets are considered to be the places of ill-hygiene. Therefore, it is mandatory not to have a kitchen placed above or below a bathroom or toilet. Also, kitchen should not have any adjoining wall with a bathroom or toilet.
If you follow these Vastu for home rules along with proper and regular cleaning of your kitchen, you will definitely lead a healthy and happy life.