Also known as the sump, the underground water tank is responsible for bringing malefic effects if not made as per Vastu Shastra.
The position of the water tank must be according to the rules and regulations to attract prosperity and well-being for the residents of the house. If you want to know how to locate the water tank correctly then keep reading.
It is said that the quality of water we drink affects our health and well-being. In order to ensure that we are drinking clean and healthy water, it is important to follow the principles of Vastu Shastra while constructing an underground water tank.
There are certain things to keep in mind while constructing an underground water tank as per the principles of Vastu Shastra. Follow the tips given below to construct a vastu-compliant water tank:
Why is Vastu Important for Underground Water Tank?
Underground water tanks are an important part of any home or building. They are used to store water for a variety of purposes, including drinking, cooking, and bathing. While they are typically underground, they can also be above ground. Regardless of where they are located, it is important to follow vastu principles when constructing or placing an underground water tank.
There are several reasons why following vastu principles is so important when it comes to underground water tanks. When water is stored improperly, it can cause problems instead of solving them.
For example, water that is stored in an underground tank that is not vastu compliant can lead to problems with the quality of the water.
There are different rules for vastu for overhead water tank and underground water tank. Hence you need to follow the vastu guidelines accordingly.
Another reason why it is so important to follow Vastu principles when constructing or placing an underground water tank is that water is also a very powerful magnet. If the tank is not placed in the correct location, it can attract negative energy.
This negative energy can then cause several different problems, including financial difficulties, relationship issues, and even health problems.
Also read about toilet vastu and its direction to make it vastu compliant here.
By following vastu principles, you can help to ensure that your underground water tank is placed in the correct location. This will help to ensure that the water can flow correctly and that it does not attract negative energy.
Best Direction to Place an Underground Water Tank
There are a few things to consider when deciding which is the best direction to place an underground water tank. The most important factor is the climate. If you live in an area with a hot climate, it is best to place the tank on the north side of your house so it is not in direct sunlight.
If you have sandy soil, it is best to place the tank on the east or west side of your house so it does not get flooded during heavy rains. If you have clay soil, it is best to place the tank on the south side of your house so it does not dry out during droughts.
Also consider reading about vastu for chajja to make it vastu compliant as well.
If you have a small yard, it is best to place the tank close to the house so you do not have to dig a large hole. If you have a large yard, you can place the tank further away from the house.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you should be able to decide which is the best direction to place an underground water tank. If you are still unsure, you can always consult with a professional before making your final decision.
Those, who are not yet convinced to select the Northeast direction to dig the water tank, can take a look at the effects of a particular direction.
Note: To make your staircase vastu compliant read these tips.
Always make sure to do what is best for you and your family. Take a hint from the below-mentioned table to make the informed decision:
- Northeast: The side attracts happiness and prosperity.
- North Direction: Go for it to acquire money and prosperity.
- East Direction: In Vastu, this direction is good for wealth gain.
- West (Except 5th Pada): Health-related issues will arise.
- South (Except 4th Pada): Mental pressure will occur.
- Center: Destruction of family values.
If you want acquisition of wealth and prosperity then follow the rules and regulations mentioned in Vastu, and never buy a property with a water tank located in the center or other restricted directions otherwise the balance in your life will be lost and you will be dealing with bankruptcy, family problems, and mental sickness.
You should also focus on septic tank vaastu as well because it also has important role in vastu shastra.
Things to know about Underground Water Tank
Always make sure to use the best and permitted location to excavate the sump because the tank is created by digging a big hole in your land which creates a depression in that area.
- The best position to locate the water tank is the Northeast direction. As an option both North and East directions can also be chosen.
2. If the North and East directions are not possible then the 5th Pada in the West direction is also permissible.
3. In addition to this, if your house plan does not allow you to dig the sump in the above mentioned directions then your last choice could be 4th Pada in the South direction of the house.
If you want to be sure about everything, always try to go for the first option, which is the Northeast direction of your house.
Once you have made the underground water tank design vastu compliant, go for making the main door house entrance vastu to make the house entrance vastu compliant.
Underground Water Tank Vastu Tips
It is said that water is the source of all life and it is one of the five elements that make up the world around us. In Indian mythology, water is also considered to be a holy element and is often used in religious ceremonies.
Therefore, it is no surprise that many people believe that the placement of an underground water tank can have a profound effect on the overall energy of a home or office space.
There are a few things to consider when determining the best placement for an underground water tank according to Vastu for home principles.
- First, you will want to make sure that the tank is placed in an area where it will not be disturbed by any construction work or other activity that could potentially damage it.
- It is believed that water should always flow from east to west to encourage positive energy flow in a space.
- It is said that the higher the tank is, the more powerful the energy it will create. Therefore, if you are looking to create a peaceful and calm energy in your home, you may want to place your underground water tank at a lower height. On the other hand, if you are looking to create more active and vibrant energy, you may want to place your tank at a higher height.
- It is said that a dirty or dusty lid can block the flow of positive energy and create negative energy in a space.
- The underground water tank should be built in the north-east direction as this is the direction of Lord Varuna, the deity of water.
- The tank should be constructed using good quality materials like bricks, stones, or concrete so that it doesn’t leak and the water remains clean and pure.
- The tank should have a proper outlet for draining out the dirty water.
- You should also consider reading about sleeping direction as per vastu here as well.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your underground water tank is placed in the best possible location to create a positive energy flow in your home or office space.
Wrongly Positioned Underground Water Tank Vastu Remedies
If your underground water tank is not placed as per Vastu, it can create several problems for you and your family. It can lead to financial losses, health issues, relationship problems, etc. There are various Vastu remedies that you can use to correct the placement of your underground water tank.
- Place a metal rod or pipe in the center of the water tank: This is one of the most effective Vastu remedies for a wrongly placed underground water tank. Placing a metal rod or pipe in the center of the water tank will help to correct the energy flow in the tank and will also bring positivity and good luck to your home.
- Place a crystal ball or pyramid in the water tank: Another effective Vastu remedy for a wrongly placed underground water tank is to place a crystal ball or pyramid in the tank. This will help to improve the energy flow in the tank and will also bring positive vibes to your home.
- Fill the water tank with holy water: Another great Vastu remedy for a wrongly placed underground water tank is to fill it with holy water from any religious place. This will help to purify the energy in the tank and will also bring good luck and positive vibes to your home.
- Place a plant in the water tank: You can also place a plant in the water tank to improve the energy flow.
- Place a statue of Lord Ganesha in the water tank: Another great Vastu remedy for a wrongly placed underground water tank is to place a statue of Lord Ganesha in the tank. Lord Ganesha is known as the remover of obstacles and placing his statue in the tank will help you remove all the negative energies from your home and life.
Here are the experts tips to make kitchen as per vastu.
Follow these simple Vastu remedies to correct the placement of your underground water tank and improve the energy flow in your home.
Underground Water Tank Remedies Without Demolition
There is logical reasoning behind every Vastu rule, but due to our negligence, we often ignore the norms mentioned in Vastu Shastra to locate the water body in the house. If you buy a house with the water tank located in the wrong direction then you should try to fill the sump and shift the water tank to another place. If that’s not possible then these remedies can be helpful to a certain extent:
- There should be windows in the Northeast direction of the walls and always try to keep them open.
- Installation of the Vastu Kalash would also be beneficial to avoid the defects of the wrong position of the underground water tank.
- In order to reduce the severity of direction defects, you can take guidance from a Vastu consultant.
It is always advised to confirm the Vastu principles before building or buying a house. But if you are already dealing with the Vastu defects of underground water tanks then try to make the environment harmonious by seeking expert guidance.
Consider reading about vastu for bedroom colour here.
You can use the simple Vastu remedies mentioned above to correct the placement of your underground water tank and improve the energy flow in your home. By following these tips, you can ensure that your underground water tank is placed in the best possible location to create a positive energy flow in your home or office space.