Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most awaited festivals. This festival is known for creating an atmosphere of fun and colours all around. Here, you will not find any set rules when it comes to decorating your beloved Ganesha. Lord Ganesha sets a great ambience filled with purity and divinity.
You will come across several extravagant pandals that have Lord Ganesha idols in different designs and styles. Ganpati decoration ideas range from simple and easy DIY that are eco-friendly and have a unique look. One can go for a unique look in the whole set to the traditional decorations using LED string lights and other flowers. For more information keep on reading this article, here are some Ganesh Chaturthi Decoration Ideas:
Decorate With Flowers
Flowers are an integral part of our culture as no pooja is complete without the use of flowers. You can make use of colourful flowers as they add a sense of freshness and festive spirit for creating a gorgeous look.
- Choose Flowers that complements your Lord Ganesha idol.
- Mix and match colors, mostly red color flowers are offered to Ganesha.
- You can also make beautiful Rangoli out of flowers at the main entrance or in front of Lord Ganesha.
Go For a Beautiful Chowki
Ganesh Pooja on Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without a designated and gorgeous Chowki. There is a wide spectrum of designs and styles available that never fail to add an attractive finish to the beauty of Lord Ganesha. For buying a Chowki, Consider these following tips:
- Go for a Chowki that matches Your Pandal or Puja room interiors.
- Take care of the size factor as well, go for a Chowki that goes according to Lord Ganesha’s idol.
Make Your Space Look, Greener
Gather all your plants where Lord Ganesha is being kept. Make this Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 look green. Add an aesthetic touch to your decor by adding an essence of fresh air into Ganpati’s home.
- Use artistic planters for creativity.
- Make use of small planters according to available space.
Decorate Your Walls
Why not choose eco-friendly and easy decor ideas instead of going with the same traditional ways like frills, balloons, and garlands?
- Make use of wall paintings that has a unique and artistic vibe.
- Embellish the decoration with Lord Ganesha’s wall Frames.
Make Use of Adorning Diyas and Candles
One cannot forget lighting when it comes to decoration in Indian festivals. Here, the light illuminates the space as well and gives a complete sparkle look to the decor. You can also make use of candles and Diyas in front of the mandap for a great appearance.
One even makes use of string lights in the pooja room to make your decoration look beautiful and brighter. Mix the series of colourful lights to make it look more vibrant.
Incorporate a Theme
Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival that is known for getting rid of all sins. Now, when it comes to the decoration part, having a set theme gives a clear idea of what exactly you want to achieve. Just like associations and other big clubs, we can also include a mind-blowing theme for making our home look beautiful on this Ganesh Chaturthi.
Pick a theme for almost any occasion and celebration. This has become a trend now, we suggest you go with an Eco-friendly theme this year.
- Sketch out your plan and visualize how it can be turners into reality.
- Note down all the items and materials that you will need to achieve this look.
- Consider a theme that can be easily arranged according to your home.
If you are looking for a unique and pocket-friendly solution for decorating Mandap then, you can make use of your sarees as well.
- Make use of colourful sarees in the background of Lord Ganesha’s idol for a bold and enhanced look.
- You can even make use out of your curtains in this scenario.
- Use fairy lights to keep your decoration game on.
Make use of LED lights
LED lights can instantly enhance your mandap decorations. Hence, it is a fantastic Ganesh Chaturthi decoration idea that one can use. In addition, they are quite a budget-friendly factor as well.
- Choose from several LED lights available in the market.
- Go for bright colours if you want to illuminate your Mandap for decoration.
LED lights are soft yet they are bright enough that they can illuminate your entire space.
Lord Ganesha’s Decoration With Origami
Origami is a special art of folding paper and is a very creative decoration idea as well. You can make use of Origami to make some simple designs like butterflies, umbrellas, and swans with origami. If we can make a bunch of these designs and attach them to a plain wall or embellish them on a cloth, they look very gorgeous
- Use one colour and stick to them to tie that whole look together.
- Use this DIY hack to have a great time to bond with your kids and decorate Ganpati pandal all by yourself.
Stick to Simple Decoration For Ganpati at Home
If you are not a creative person then don’t worry as there are many ready-made options available in the market to make the whole look pretty.
- Make use of tiny mandap-shaped pandals made with flowers and thermocol sheets that are easy to install. They are an excellent backdrop for the idol of Lord Vinayaka.
- Use fairy lights, lanterns, and other decorative items to further accessorize these Makhars or tiny mandap-shaped pandals. This will create a sparkling effect.
Conclusion: Ganesh Chaturthi is the beginning of this ten-day-long celebration. It is a renowned festival also called Vinayaka Chaturthi in the southern part of India. You can use our suggestions mentioned above to decorate extravagant pandals and Pooja rooms this Ganesh Chaturthi. It’s a wrap! Hope you all like these ideas. Please don’t forget to like and share.