Lord Ganesha, the younger son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, has always graced the life of his followers with heavenly blessings. Renowned the deity to warn off evils from life and open the path of progress, Lord Ganesha is said to be worshiped before commemorating a task.
Indeed, Ganesh Chaturthi is a special festival dedicated to him, which is celebrated with much pomp and style. The followers tend to bring the idol of Lord Ganesha 10 days before the actual day of Ganesha Chaturthi is enjoyed. And on the final day, processions are carried out to take the idols for immersion. In fact, the markets get flooded with the various styles and sizes of Ganesha’s Idols. So, the people can buy as per the size of temple present in the home premises.
Since, it is the festival celebrated with colors, using artistic designs for Ganpati Pooja decoration in home is mandatory. With peace and prosperity flowing in the house on this day, the followers tend to exhibit their devotion in its true form. This is the reason that they happen to check out innovative designs available in the market or on internet to make their temple look exceptionally distinctive. Following are the Ganesh Chaturthi Ideas that can make the festival more vibrant:
- As the North east corner in the house stands for happiness and prosperity, it should be selected for placing the temple of Lord Ganesha on cleaning it with Ganga water.
- Make a separate temple for Lord Ganesha. Many happen to use thermocol painted in different colors, cut them in shapes and fixes them for a strong base. Besides this, the followers can opt for wooden or metal temples as per their needs that are carved with artistic designs.
- Artificial flowers tend to add value to the venue for decoration and they should be placed on the wall behind Lord Ganesha’s Idol.
- Also decorate it with artificial green leaves because Green is the color of Lord Ganesha. Adding a touch of beauty with decorative ribbons in floral style can definitely augment the charm.
- If you are good at drawing; then, using spray painting to create the picture of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati on either side of Ganesha’s Idol can be a wonderful choice.
- Adding some glitter to the parts of the temple will give a shining appeal to the overall design.
- As a part of Ganesh Pooja decoration ideas, it is essential to beautify the Thali for Pooja. Take a plain Thali, put some lines of Fevicol on it and sprinkle glitters on it to stick. Take some paint and create the Swastik and Om signs on the sections of Thali. Keep the center of the Thali plain because here the main material for Pooja is being placed. Fill the outer sections with varied colors of flower petals and place small diyas in between them.
Ganesha Chaturthi is one such temple that signifies beauty, vibrancy, pomp celebration and excessive use of colors to mark the happiness.
Ganesh Chathurthi, one of the most popular Indian festivals is celebrated with great pomp and show. But, by focusing on decorating such a festival at home in the appropriate manner is very important. This blog has provided great insights on how I can decorate my home in a simple, yet, beautiful manner.
I was just looking for some ideas to decorate on Ganesh Chathurthi as the festival is soon approaching. And to my luck, I found your blog. I must say you have some amazing ideas. Especially the flower arrangement and DIY painting of Lord Ganesha are brilliant. I will surely try out some of these this year. Thank you for sharing such beautiful ideas. Looking forward to more such amazing content from you!