Balconies in homes have become the key interior designing areas as there is a rising awareness of the value of home design that creates a link with the outside.
Balconies are a popular feature in most homes, and they are usually placed off the major rooms, such as the living room, bedrooms, or kitchens.
Balconies, once overlooked locations or thought to be storage for extra items that aren’t used around the house, have recently emerged as key regions in terms of design potential.
And, this is done for the right reason. The balcony is the space where you can look out and feel nature, even though you are at home.
Good looking and aesthetic balconies are also a great conversation holder for your guests, and you are assured to receive praises from them if you have a well-maintained balcony.
If you are looking for things to note before designing your balcony, and balcony design ideas, then this blog is the one for you.
Considerations for Balcony Decoration
Any balcony decor should not clog the space or draw attention away from the outside view. Before you move on to decorating your balcony, ensure the following characteristics-
- Space– The balcony’s available size is critical in determining which decor items the room can accommodate without seeming too congested. Once you determine the available space, you can decide the type of environment you want in the balcony, and what kind of equipment would be perfect for it.
- Use– It is also necessary to evaluate the balcony’s primary function and the room to which it is attached. You would want your balcony to either be a space for gardening, exercising, a kid’s play station, or just a space for relaxation.
- Furniture– Comfortable chairs and a tea table are two crucial décor items that are consistent in an average-sized balcony design. Natural and aesthetically light materials should be used in a balcony renovation. Apart from chairs and tables, you can add a wall mounted mirror or miniature wooden toys to improve the aesthetics of your balcony.
- Plants– If you want your balcony to have a greener space, then you must go ahead with plants. Plants are another focal point of balcony design, particularly if the area is limited. Adding greenery to any space uplifts one’s mood, and choosing specific types of plants that will suit the theme of your balcony will make it look even more amazing. If you want, you can even add battery-operated fairy lights to your hanging plants.
Also read about: Steel railing design
Aesthetic Balcony Designs
Mentioned below are some aesthetic balcony designs that you can use in your home.
Connect Your Balcony To A Room
People often make a balcony out of room space. You must have seen either a bedroom, living room, or even an office space stay connected to the outside balcony.
Either way, the balcony is transformed to be viewed as an extended room space where the homeowners can chill and relax with their family members. If your balcony is connected to your bedroom, it makes the balcony more personal, somewhat meant only for your use and me-time.
You can enhance the look of a room-connected balcony by installing sliding doors. Sliding doors will be greatly helpful during the cold, or rainy seasons, while also allowing ample sunlight to enter into your room.
Adding sheen curtains will also make your room look airier and brighter because of the natural sunlight and wind coming in through your balcony. You can add minimalist accessories or furniture pieces to your balcony too.
Create A Cosy Nook
Choose larger and more comfy seating than folding chairs if you have a slightly bigger balcony and want to create a spot to rest and possibly do some relaxing activities, such as reading.
You may choose a wide cushioned bench that can sit a large number of people, a particularly comfortable hanging swing, or even a hammock.
Fairy lights can also make your place appear romantic if you are preparing for a romantic dinner with your companion. When hosting a party, fairy lights will undoubtedly bring a certain elegance that your visitors would appreciate.
To liven up the space, add pillows and brightly coloured furniture. To make the best of your nook, keep it comfy, minimalist, and clutter-free.
You should also know: Vastu for balcony
Build A Mini Garden
Every balcony requires a green spot to provide a burst of natural colour to your home. Vertical farming is the way to go when you have limited horizontal area. Vertical gardens are quite simple to maintain once installed.
Planters on the rails and suspending potted flowers from the ceiling are a less expensive option. Lush foliage is always a great way to improve the look of your balcony not only in its view but also in the air quality.
Make a Rooftop Balcony
An open rooftop balcony is perfect for many reasons. You get to enjoy a vast panoramic view along with being able to enjoy the perks of a large entertainment zone. You could divide your rooftop balcony in different sections.
These sections could include a space for the children, an exercising station, BBQ porch, indoor games, and sitting spaces. If you want to improve the look of your rooftop balcony by a notch, then, adding a mini swimming pool will work wonders.
A rooftop balcony will be the perfect spot for brunching or fine dining. If you want, you can even have a tiny room that will enable you to enjoy the lushness of your balcony even on a rainy or hot day.
Your balcony can look easily aesthetic if you focus on the details and theme of your house.
- Best Balcony Garden Designs of the Year
- Balcony Lighting Design: Illuminate Your Outdoor Oasis
- Transform Your Mini Balcony into a Beautiful Garden