Working in an office from 9-5 can be a tedious thing to do. Not being to get the comfort that a home provides and continuously having to face harsh workplace competition are among the few things that an office goer faces on a regular basis.
But can you imagine what tops the list on having an unpleasant office experience? No, it is the criticism showered by your boss.
Instead, it is sitting on an uncomfortable office chair! 8 out of 10 people will agree that maintaining good productivity levels is directly linked to sitting on the best office chair available.
When choosing a perfect or best office chair, it is not just essential to find one visually pleasing, but also taking into ergonomics and the comfortable office chair design as vital considerations.
You could check highly recommended office chair images on the internet to at least get an idea.
Why is it important to have perfect office chairs?
It is important to have perfect office chairs in a workplace because of the following reasons mentioned below.
- Prevents your back muscles from being overly stressed, reducing lower back pain.
- Neck pain is also avoided even though you might have to sit for long hours at a stretch.
- Assists in giving good pelvic and lumbar support.
- Promotes a healthy spine alignment, thereby, promoting improved productivity and concentration levels.
- Enhances the overall office outlook indicating professionalism.
Consider reading: where to buy furniture for office here.
Types of Office Chairs
There are a number of modern office chair designs or even any customizable office chair design available today to meet the needs of various jobs and workplaces.
- Modern office chair – The modern office chair has the best features. From the materials used in its making to the exceptional comfort provided, every office space owns modern office chairs for its employees.
- Office Chair Design without Wheels – Although an office wheelchair is popularly used, one can also find chairs without wheels in any office. An office chair without wheels could include a leaning stand chair, office sofas, and kneeling chairs.
Note: Visit here for latest tv stand designs images.
These kinds of chairs are intended to calm certain parts of the body, and they do their job significantly well. They can also be used as office visitor chairs.
- Executive Office Chair Design – The executive office chair is typically the most sumptuous of the numerous sorts of workplace chairs. Executive office chairs, as the name suggests, are frequently used by executives. It features a high back, plenty of padding in the back, sitting seat, and headrest, and is often built of excellent materials such as fine wood and genuine leather.
- Wooden Office Chair – The wooden office chair is designed to encourage the upright spinal posture, inhibiting hunching over. Because office workers spend half of their day sitting in front of a screen, it becomes necessary that they maintain good posture and prevent any back pain issues.Also have a look at tips to decorate office this diwali here with images.
- Revolving Office Chair – For any office chair, revolving is a fascinating feature. A revolving office chair promotes extreme mobility and comfort as you can turn your chair around in any direction with almost zero effort.Revolving office chairs exude confidence, and almost all offices own such chairs.
- High Back Office Chair – High back office chairs are manufactured with the intention of providing the best level of comfort in a strenuous and hectic work environment. Such chairs are usually crafted only by specialists. You might find these chairs generally in offices of well-positioned employees in an office.
Also read vastu tips for sitting arrangement in office to get wealth and success in business.
What makes up a good office chair?
Whether it is a wooden office chair, office visitor chair, or even a high-back office chair, until they do not possess the top ergonomic features of comfort, they will not be considered a good office chairs.
An office chair is considered good when its height can be flexible; it should include a pneumatic adjustment lever. It should be 16-21 inches off the floor.
This height will enable you to keep your thighs aligned to the floor while simultaneously keeping your feet flat on the floor.
This position also allows you to have your forearms level with the worktop.
Try these christmas decoration ideas for office displayed here with images.
A backrest can be a standalone or integrated into the chair’s seat. The backrest must be adjustable if it is independent from the seat. You should also be able to easily make changes to its angle and height. The height adjustment supports the lumbar region of your lower back.
Have a look at vastu suggestions while shifting office here.
Backrests should preferably be 12-19 inches wide and designed to accommodate the curve of your spine, particularly in the lower spine region. If the chair has a combination of the backrest and seat, the backrest must be movable in both the front and back directions.
The backrest on such chairs must include a locking system that keeps it in place once you have found a comfortable position.
Armrests relieve pressure on the lower back. It is even better if they are adjustable in breadth and height to assist a variety of functions such as reading a book and typing on the laptop.
Here are some useful vastu recommendations for office paint colors.
This will help to relieve shoulder and neck stress while also preventing carpal-tunnel syndrome. The office chair’s armrest should be beautifully shaped, broad, adequately cushioned, and, most importantly, comfortable.
Office Chair Material
The perfect office chair should be built out of a robust, long-lasting material. It should also have enough cushioning on the seat and the back, particularly the part where the lower back comes into contact with the chair. The ideal materials are those that breathe and disperse moisture and heat.
Chair Design Stability
To minimize excessive bending and straining on your own spine, invest in a swiveling office chair on wheels. When reclining, a 5-point base will not tilt over. Look for robust casters that enable for solid mobility even when the office chair is in a reclined state or locked in various settings.
Also read: Tips to revamp office interiors
Of the different office chair images that are available easily in the market, you should get your hands only on the perfect office chair.
Understanding the features of what makes up a good office chair is important before making any purchase.
Only with a good office chair will your working-in-the-office experience be boosted tenfold.