Your Pooja room is the devotional pathway to connect with the God; thereby you must know the right way to arrange deities in your house. No home is complete without a pooja room, and according to Vastu Shastra for home, it is advised to design the pooja room in the northeast corner of the house. So, if you have planned something else for this corner then change it right away and create a pooja room there.
Idol worship in Hinduism
In Hindu religion, the idols are the embodiment of Gods and worshipping these idols give strength and power. Keep the idols in the east or west of the pooja room. Make sure the size of idols at home should not be more than 3 inches.
You can install idols of Hanuman Ji, Goddess Durga and Kali, Sai Baba, Bhole Shankar and Ganesh Ji in the pooja room. Keep the following manner in mind while setting up the idol arrangement.
- Ganesh Ji invites auspiciousness to the room; so keep the idol in the center with the Kuldevta.
- Hanuman Ji is worshiped to get success in life, and his idol can be placed to the right side of Ganesh Ji.
- Female deities like Goddess Durga and Kali protect their devotees, so their idols can be placed to the left side of Ganesh Ji.
- If you wish to make your anger acceptable and tolerable, then place the idol of Bhole Shankar in the room. Though, keep in mind the supremacy of the divine trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh and place all the other idols beneath them.
- You can also place the idol of Sai Baba or your Guruji to fulfill your wishes and to have faith in the spiritual power of God.
To create a perfect vastu compliant pooja room, you must know the ground rules of Vastu Shastra for location, design, and arrangement of idols. So research a little or seek consultation from Vastu experts.