Where to Place Tulsi Plant: Vastu Tips and Suggestions
Do you know why every Hindu home has a Tulsi plant? What are its benefits? What is the right placement of this amazing plant to get its maximum benefits? This blog is all about India’s most sacred plant; so, keep reading to know its numerous benefits and the rules to place it in your house.
The integral part of all sacred offering, Tulsi plant is a symbol of health and wealth. In almost every Hindu home, you can see the auspicious plant of Tulsi. Most people believe the delicate plant sends positive vibrations to the premises and according to the Hindu Mythology, Tulsi is the favorite plant of all Gods including Lord Vishnu.
Also read: Vastu for Plants and Trees
What is the ideal location to plant Tulsi:
Worshiping and taking regular care of Tulsi plant results in long life and prosperity in the family. But make sure you follow the rules of Vastu Shastra to bring in the prosperity to your home. According to Vastu Shastra the ideal location for Tulsi plant is where it can get sufficient sunlight. If you are planning to locate Tulsi in your home, go through the following tips and suggestions:
- The ideal location for a Tulsi plant is the eastern side of your house and if it is not possible, then find a balcony or a window in the north or north-east direction of your house.
- The plant should be located on a platform and make sure the platform of the plant is higher than the foundation of your home.
- In order to keep harmony with the basic rules of Vastu Shastra, make sure to keep the plant neat and clean. The areas should be empty and must not be covered with clutter, mops, brooms or any of the unused things.
- This auspicious plant should be keptin odd numbers such as one, three , five, etc.
- Additionally, the plant should not be grown with cactus or any other plant that belongs to thorny species.
The easiest way to make your house Vastu compliant is to plant Tulsi in the specified direction. It will bring peaceful vibrations to your house, and you can also avail the numerous health benefits from the astonishing plant.
Let us know about the benefits of Tulsi
Also known as holy basil, the useful plant belongs to the mint family and regarded to be highly beneficial from religious as well as medicinal point of view.
Medicinal Benefits: The most common plant of Indian household Tulsi is potent in health benefits. Leaves and roots of Tulsi plants are widely used in making varied medical formulations.
Take a look:
- The plant is enriched with antibacterial and antibiotic properties that help in boosting the immune system.
- Tulsi leaves help in fighting varied bacterial infections, thus people suffering from fever often finding Tulsi tea helpful in speedy recovery.
- Tulsi contains powerful antioxidant properties that are good for the heart, diabetes and stress issues.
- Apart from fighting with dreadful diseases, the plant contains purifying properties which help us in getting glowing skin and healthy hair.
Tulsi leaves are generally offered to Gods during prayers, which is an inseparable part of our ancient traditions. Worshiping the plant gives us strength to fight evils and sinful activities prevailing in the society. The significance can be seen in the fact that any house is considered to be incomplete without a Tulsi plant in it.