My grandmother used to say-“always decorate your room nicely and keep it clean.” She believed that a room could speak volumes about a person residing in it. Your bedroom’s condition can affect your mood, it can both uplift your mood, and make you active, or it can make you sluggish. A beautiful, decorated room can help you think positively and be optimistic about things.
There is a myth followed by most people that only a sizeable expensive item can make your room attractive. But to your surprise, many small decorative pieces generally go unnoticed, but the truth is they enhance the beauty of our place. Starting from your lamp to a rug for the floor to the color of your curtain, every little thing present garnishes your room.
Let’s take a sneak peek at what can make your bedroom even more alluring:
- Low slung platform bed: You will fall for this highly coveted modern piece of bedroom furniture. Some intriguing designs give a fulfilled finish look. The fabric and low-level headboard should complement each other in terms of look. The wall should be the accessory that makes your bed look more gracious.
- Texture– vibrant walls: A stone wall would give your room an earthy feel. A super soothing paint color like sky blue can make your place the perfect cozy room for a romantic movie night. Stone walls can also be blended perfectly with rustic tone decors pieces in your bedroom. Undoubtedly, the vintage vibe will seep out from your room.
- Use wood for your ceiling: The wood certainly gives your place a rugged look, and the small sofas in your room can match each other. This look is unbearably calming. One can view your room as subtly appealing.
- The magic of wallpaper:The right wallpaper can make your room a meaningful place. The wallpaper should be the ones you like, but it should also go with your walls and floor. It certainly adds personality without occupying much space.
- Matching headboards and walls:The classic example is the bedroom designed by Danielle Colding. It’s the combination of a beige boarder and a beige wall. It gives an elegant look.
- A pendant light over the bedside: It gives a quintessential appearance. For it, you don’t have to look for a space on your side table. Along with it, a contemporary chandelier is like a cherry on the top. The bedside floor lamps or copper desk lamps can be other gorgeous ornaments.
- Fill your place with greenery: A vibrant palm leaf can make a fantastic artwork. If you are looking to add some greenery in your room, here is a list of best plants that you can give your room a fresh look: Lavender, Lady Palm, Rubber plant, Areca palm, Boston fern, Snake plant, Dracaena, Dieffenbachia and many more. They are one of the best air-purifying plants. They make your room healthier and prettier.
- Throw pillow: It’s a low investment method to complete your room. You can play with bold, aesthetic pillow covers, trust me; you will own a stunningly different spot.
- Use small spaces creatively: Try and choose multi-purpose objects like a side chair that can function as a bedside table and also a seat. It makes your room look spacious and tidy.
- Vertical space to install floating shelf: Display your décor out in the open. They will be on the floating shelf. This will make way for your essential items to use up the space near your bed.
- Mirrors: So many mirrors as decorations can never go wrong. You don’t need many frames if you have mirrors on your wall. For example, an ornate gilt mirror would give you a queen vibe. It can be called that statement jewelry, which can make people mesmerized by just looking. Do check vastu for bedroom while placing mirrors in bedroom to get positive energies.
- Dressing table with a round mirror: A dressing table with an oval mirror is all you need. A dark background theme with a transparent borderless mirror can make your ordinary room extraordinary.
- Set of digital frames: The minimalist frame on your wall will pop up phenomenally. A bluish wall with digital frames having small quotes or abstract painting is “the look” of your room.
- Examples of decorative objects: Fake hanging flower walls, marbles, natural stone, antique brass circle wall, different shapes of vases, hanging wood swings, wall lighting, etc.
- Rustic side tables: Rustic looks never go out of style. I feel they are like a dark horse of the bedroom. They have hidden potential of making your room magnificent.
- A woolen rug: Rugs are super- soft, comfy, and cozy. It certainly adds uniqueness to your room. You are good to go and flaunt if your rugs are placed in the right place, and the color complements it.
- Four-poster bed: Though it might look weird if it’s not dressed and positioned well. But a four-poster bed is a hero if placed with loose linen bedding and an exquisite side table.
- Create a gallery wall or a reading nook: Books can never make you feel lonely. The right books stick to your head like your favorite songs. Having a small bookshelf with a small gallery wall of your admired quotes and pictures can make you look like a smart individual. However, reading is one of the best habits anyone can imbibe.
Home decoration should never be overlooked. It tells a lot about your personality. Who doesn’t want to live in a great looking home! It would be best if you never compromised in giving your interior spaces a perfect layout. You can create your own thing with furniture, lighting, paint colors. You can use waste material for decorating your room like pen stands, hanging planters, painting, napkin dolls, and many countable things. Using and recycling waste materials is practicing sustainable development. This is indeed a small step, but a small change can be a blessing for our future generation.