The construction sector counts as one of the largest sectors in India, and it ranks number 2 for providing the most employment in the world. Their focus is on building the infrastructure to boost economic development according to the 2020 Union Budget.
In India, agriculture generates the most employment in the world. After agriculture, the construction sector has provided the most employment to skilled and semi-skilled workers. It requires both physical and mental labour. So in this article, we will discuss the top construction companies in India.
Let us ponder some key features of construction companies in the Indian subcontinent.
- The construction sector in Idia employs more than 35 million people as of now and ranks second place after the services sector. It also brings the second largest Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) flow.
- The construction sector makes up to 8 % of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- The demand for the construction sector in India arises from the following industries: the infrastructure sector, industrial activities, residential and commercial activities, etc. the value of the Indian construction industry is $ 126 Billion.
- According to a report in 2012, the urban areas contributed about 62 % to the total GDP. This percentage was about 63 % in the years 2009 and 2010. Indian cities contribute so much to the GDP this bar is expected to increase to 70 %-75 % in the year 2030.
- About 286 million Indians lived in urban areas or cities and towns in 2001. This counted as the second largest population settling in urban areas worldwide.
But this population increased to 377 million in the year 2011. According to the Indian census, this has grown to 32 %. Recent research has shown that by 2030, this number will rise to approximately 590 million.
- The real estate sector grew about 30 % in 2005-08. It suffered a downfall in 2008 because of the global economic depression. It grew about 8 % in 2009-2011 and 6.6 % in 2012-2013.
- The Indian real estate industry was estimated to grow to $ 140 Billion by 2017.
- India’s real estate required about $ 42 Billion in investments by 2015. The investment required is $ 29 million.
- The Indian labor force is said to grow significantly in the year 2030 by adding to India’s demographic dividend.
- According to the Swachh Bharat Mission, ₹ 62,009 crores would be invested in urban areas.
Let us now look at some of the best construction companies in the developed cities of India, namely Hyderabad, Chennai, and Pune.
Construction companies in the construction hub of Hyderabad
Hyderabad is the technological hub in India. Many construction companies in Hyderabad have contributed significantly to the development of infrastructure; it is said Hyderabad will be the next Silicon Valley of India. Let us have a look at some of these.
these are Aakriti Constructions & Developers Pvt. Ltd., Aditya Constructions, Aparna Constructions, Aparna Constructions and Estates Pvt. Ltd., Ashoka Developers And Builders Ltd., B. Suraj And Construction Private Limited, Bhoruka Roadlines Ltd., ECIECC-ECI Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd., Elite Engineering & Construction (Hyd.) Pvt. Ltd., And EssKay Constructions. These offer construction services as well as real estate, security systems, and other services.
Construction companies in the coastal construction kingdom of Chennai
Chennai was initially known as Madras Patnam. Chennai was situated in Tondaimandalam. Chennai is the capital city of Tamil Nadu. Many infrastructure projects have been continuing in Chennai, and many more are expected.
The below-mentioned list gives some of the MNC civil engineering companies of Chennai and civil construction companies in Chennai. These companies include civil engineering, real estate, and infrastructure companies.
Let us see some of them. these are Coromandel Engineering Company Limited (CEC), Eversendai Vascon Engineers Limited, Arun Excello Group, Signet Foundations Company, Consolidated Construction Consortium Limited ( CCCL, RAJPARIS, Landmark Constructions, URC Construction, and GVR construction company. These are the leading names in the infra and construction fields in India.
Construction companies in Maharashtra and Pune
Pune ranks ninth for being the most populous city in India. Pune is counted as the second largest after Mumbai. By population, it counts as 101st most significant city in the world. It is also the cultural hub of Maharashtra. It is growing rapidly in the Asian continent.
The construction companies in this city have marvelously shaped the landscape of Pune. Many construction projects are going on in the city of Pune. Below is a list of some construction companies in Pune that are the most emerging in India.
They are expert infrastructure builders in India. Some of them are also working on commercial and residential projects. Some construction businesses here are Arwade Infrastructure Limited, Arya Engineers & Contractors Pvt. Ltd., and Ashoka Buildcon Ltd.
construction company, B. G. Shirke Construction Technology Pvt. Ltd. company, City Corporation Limited, Tejas Constructions & Infrastructures, Gokhale Constructions Pune company, Green Build Products Pvt. Ltd. Construction business, IRB LTD, ISC and PROJECTS PVT LTD. All these companies are trustworthy and growing their pace in the construction hub.
Some more about the Indian construction companies
Larsen and Toubro are situated in Mumbai. It is one of the best multinational construction companies. It has 83 subsidiaries and many associates. It is continuing big projects such as the Coimbatore bypass, Panipat Corridor, etc.
The GMR group is based in New Delhi. It was founded in 1978 and joins the public and private partnerships. It does projects for airports, highways, urban infrastructure, and more.
The GAMMON company was founded in 1922 and is in Mumbai. It has built the tallest cooling tower at Bhusawal and the longest flyover at Hebbal. It also works for social infrastructure project segments.
To sum up, these were some companies in Indian cities that you can contact for building purposes. These are versatile and work in civil engineering and residential and commercial projects. So check out this list and choose the best one for you.