Insight into POP Ceilings and Relevant Applications
Pop or Plaster of Paris based ceiling art has brought along a revolutionary trend when it comes to interior decoration. Prior to this change, decorated ceilings were only a thing for royal families with forts and palaces.
The common population had no idea about this element of style until POP came into being. Plaster of Paris has changed the way we perceive the ceiling from a plain boring part of the house to one with elements of excitement filled with designs.
Try these POP Design for Hall here.
Why POP for Interior Decoration?
POP has seen a rise in trend in the recent years with widespread application starting from ceiling design for office, shop, homes, hotels, restaurants, hospitals or malls. To sum it up, POP can be a part of any building.
This is because Plaster of Paris is a versatile material that can be molded into any shape and size.
This helps in the creation of artistic designs for the ceiling. Latest POP design includes the incorporation of Plaster of Paris with elements such as lighting fixtures, wall borders, and false ceilings and so on.
For latest kitchen pop design try these.
POP for False Ceiling
Plaster of Paris makes up one of the popular materials when it comes to false ceilings. The false ceiling curated with the help of POP can be molded into various shapes which allow scope for experimentation.
Many POP false ceiling designs come with the feature of level creation that reflects a 3D view for the owners of the home. With Plaster of Paris, one can easily create POP art ideas such as layered ceilings, recessed ceilings, curvilinear ceilings, a circular dome, and anything you can imagine.
What’s more, you can also use Plaster of Paris in conjunction with other materials as POP is very adaptive in nature. It can easily be provided with any texture or color. When it comes to POP for the roof, glass has seen wide favoritism in curation with modern household ceilings.
False Ceiling Varieties
The top trending classifications for false ceiling design include:
- Fiber Ceiling
- Gypsum Ceiling
- Plaster of Plaster Ceiling
- Glass Ceiling
- Metal Ceiling
- Synthetic Leather/ Cloth Ceiling
Benefits associated with POP Ceiling
- POP false ceiling designs in the interior of the house can easily be given a matte and smooth texture.
- POP can be painted as well as textured with several patterns.
- Flexible enough to be molded into ‘n’ number of shapes.
- Helps in the creation of an ornamental design for the ceilings.
- Medallions created with POP provide a contemporary look to the interiors.
- Just like the name, POP designs help highlight certain features in your ceilings that need to be seen by visitors.
- It can easily mix along with a recessed form of lighting.
- Homeowners can create interesting POP for roof by creating various levels of the ceiling.
- Contemporary interior nowadays come with concealed ac ducts along with cove lighting features.
- POP art ideas can also help hide the beams running through your ceiling that might hamper the overall look of your house.
- The Latest POP design comes with a fusion of glass or wood to provide the effect of the composite ceiling inside the house.
Things to look out for when opting for POP false ceiling
- The major concern with POP ceiling can be pest breeding in hidden pockets. Pests can get into spaces between the original ceiling and POP ceiling and breed at an uncontrolled rate which can be a nuisance when it comes to health and hygiene.
- When opting to put up decorations for ceiling design for office, shop or home, make sure you understand the durability of the material and plan accordingly.
- Make sure you opt for a false ceiling only if the height of your room is tall enough. Putting up false ceilings in rooms that are already short in height can further shorten the room giving it a clumsy look.
POP art can be implemented anywhere, be it a bedroom, dining room, living room and even your kid’s room. With POP, there is endless scope for creativity.