Everyone wishes to instill elegance at their floors but at a minimal cost. Your wish can come true if you use the durable, less expensive and easily available flooring option, named Kota Stone. Found in the Kota district of Rajasthan, Kota stone is an excellent building stone that is getting immensely popular among builders due to its lots of advantages including its cost benefits. To know more about the exclusive properties of Kota stone keep reading.
What is Kota Stone?
Fundamentally, it is a dolomite stone, and builders usually see it as a grained version of limestone. The hard wearing stone is quite cost effective, which is why you can see large scale application of Kota stone at driveways, corridors, kitchen platforms, terrace flooring, factories, government buildings and railway stations.
The subtle blend of earthy colors and luxurious finish of Kota stone makes it a viable option for flooring. People love Kota stone for its rustic look, which is far different from marble (know the types of marbles for flooring here) and granite. However, the sophisticated material can be polished to get a high shine which is best for both interior and exterior flooring.
Make durable pavers from Kota stone or utilize the wide textures and styles to compliment the bedroom, drawing room, lobby, balcony; the choice is unlimited with this mesmerizing stone which is also used for wall cladding these days.
Types of Kota Stone Flooring
You can attain the architectural effect by installing polished Kota stone floor in your home or office. Depending on the style preferences you can avail your choice of material from varied types of Kota stone slabs.
- Colors in Kota Stone Flooring: Although greenish-blue and brown have become the most popular choices in Kota stone, you can attain the subtle blend of grandeur in lots of other color variations, such as honey, black, pink, gray and beige.
- Finishes in Kota Stone Flooring: Kota stone is the most economical building stone that is easily available at many places in varied surface finishes. Add appeal to your interior or exterior flooring by availing the stone in natural finish, one side natural and one side polished finish, one side natural and one side calibrated finish, and one side polished and one side calibrated finish.
Also read: Construction cost estimator
Advantages of Kota Stone Flooring
The smooth and highly durable stone is widely used in commercial, residential and industrial verticals for flooring applications. The most common reasons that you can see an abundance of textures, styles, and colors of Kota stone in the market can be listed in the form of its benefits. Take a look:
- Hard and tough: Kota stone features a compact homogenous nature which is very durable and works perfectly for high traffic areas like acorridor, entrance hall, porch, and staircase.
- Wear resistant: It is a long lasting stone that makes it a viable option for commercial flooring and public places where wear and tear is comparatively too much.
- Water resistant: Kota stone floors are non slippery andnon sloppy and work best for the bathroom and kitchen flooring.
- Non porous: The hard wearing stone is non water absorbent and non-porous which makes it perfect for installation in humid areas and gardens.
- Affordable and easy to maintain: It is easy to attain a luxurious look by installing the low cost and maintenance free stone which features a rustic feel.
Disadvantages of Kota Stone Flooring
You need to maintain the luster of Kota stone flooring by regular polishing. Besides, periodic polishing is also required to eliminate the problem of flaking which is the biggest disadvantage of Kota stone flooring.
You can get Kota stone slabs in different dimensions such as, 30×30, 40×40, 30×60, 40×60, 60×60, 50×50, 55×55, and 60×90 centimeters. Pick the one that suits best to your application and get ready to envy the onlookers.